Saturday, June 18, 2011

Twirting..?

I'm getting predictable. My blog posts are always about one of three things: boys, Josh Groban or makeup. Not always in that order, but you get it.

Anywho, I've decided to finally come clean about something.

I'm over him.  There, I said it.  I guess I really did have to tell him either way.  We're still friends and all but there's just nothing there anymore.  And in retrospect, I think it's best that I don't have any feelings other than platonic for him.  As much as I know there's a good side to him, I'm finally woman enough to admit to myself that I can't fix him unless he wants to be fixed.  And he obviously doesn't want that.  That's why I'm afraid he's going to be alone for a long while.  But that's another story.

On the other hand, there's a new boy in the picture.  I met him about a year and half ago but we never really talked or got to know each other at all.  All I knew was that he was an acquaintance's best friend.  Then, right before I left for San Antonio for the Josh concert, there was a party at a mutual friend's house and we started talking.  I knew he had a Twitter account so I brought that up and made small talk.  He looked at my tweets on his phone and remembered I was going to a JG concert soon after and he brought up how he's a big fan and how he was totally jealous of my second row seats.  Now we tweet and text each other all the time (if you look at my timeline on Twitter, you'll see them.  His account is not private so you can even see his tweets to me, if that tickles your fancy).  Sometimes we're just having a conversation, other times it seems a little flirty...!

But what I really like the most is that he's like me enough to really get along and different enough to sort of balance each other out.  I don't feel pressured to be or act a certain way to fit into a certain niche.  I can be 100% myself and we can still enjoy each other's company.  That's something I rarely felt with the last boy.  We've even played house one time.  And NO, it's not what you're thinking.  We spent the night at a mutual friend's house with another friend one night; he made dinner and I made breakfast.  Hoooow cuuuttee..  :P

We'll see where this goes- I'm not too invested (yet) so I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if it went nowhere- but I just thought I'd let you all know about the situation (and that he has a Twitter, so no boy talk on there anymore..)

What do y'all think?

P.S.  5 weeks and 5 days!

1 comment:

  1. trying again!! hopefully this works and you can see that I'm glad you have a new GUY to flirt with. :)

    ReplyDelete