Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pregnant

I'm nowhere near being ready to have kids.  Let me just preface this post with that.  That doesn't mean I don't want kids- because I do- but just not right now.  At least 6 more years.  There are definitely moments where I really, really want a baby but then I think about the things I want to accomplish before reproducing.  Sometimes I'm not even sure of that list.

However, lately I've been having lots of dreams.  I wouldn't call them recurring dreams, because they're never exactly the same, but they're all very similar: I'm pregnant.  I'm at a different place each time, with different people, the situation's always different but there's definitely a bun in the oven.  Last night's was...interesting.

In the dream, I was sitting in choir rehearsal at school (great, my ultimate goal- to be pregnant and not done with school...not!) in between songs.  Our director tells us to move out of our soprano, bass, tenor, alto seating arrangement and into our new mixed arrangement.  Now, in real life, we do have those arrangements; the mixed is for concerts so there's no one voice part sticking out from one particular side or section of the risers.  The new mixed arrangement is very mixed.  I stand close to two altos (that was inevitable as there are more altos than any other voice part) and two basses (one of which is the boy, he's exactly to my right).  So back to the dream, I go up to the top riser to sit next to the boy (although I think he might've been the husband in the dream) and he rubs my belly.  Cute, right?  Yeah, until the pregnancy hormones get the best of me...in the dream, of course.  I get upset because there's another girl in the choir who's pregnant but is showing more than I am.  She looks cute but I look...fluffy.

That's where I woke up, but that's just one dream.  I don't know why I keep having these dreams.  It's kinda cute but kinda weird.  I guess it's better than dreaming that my teeth fall out.

What recurring dreams do you have?

Keren

1 comment:

  1. "fluffy" yeah, that about describes how you feel sometimes :) I still dream about babies. And uhm . . . *another* boy. I cannot imagine who that would be . . .

    ReplyDelete